This project will allow the installation of three informational kiosks at key locations at Lincoln Station/South Lincoln, all located on Town property. The Commuter Lot, Trailhead, and Lincoln Station kiosks will provide information on local events and location of amenities such as restrooms, parking, food, and water. They will connect users (commuters, recreational users, bikers, walkers, visitors, and residents) to destinations such as:
• deCordova Sculpture Park and Museum
• Codman Community Farms
• Pierce House
• Walden Pond State Reservation
• Walden Woods Project/Thoreau Institute
• Minute Man National Historical Park
• Mass Audubon Headquarters
• Drumlin Farm Wildlife Sanctuary
• Gropius House (Historic New England)
• Codman House (Historic New England)
Kiosks will also provide information about the Public Schools, the Historic Town Center, Lincoln Station, and MBTA Commuter Rail. Maps will also direct users to trails and parking areas to access the extensive public trail system. Users of all ages and abilities will be able to use the informational kiosks.
This effort is part of the Town’s revitalization goals for Lincoln Station. The kiosks will help make Lincoln Station/South Lincoln a vibrant Town Center with a central hub that connects to other local amenities in Town and the greater MetroWest region.