TOWN OF LINCOLN TENNIS COURT COVID-19 PROTOCOLS
Hand sanitizer bottles have been affixed to the fence next to each gate for your use. All benches have been removed. They will be returned when permitted in future phases. Please take your trash to the barrel located next to the restrooms.
BEFORE YOU PLAY
- Massachusetts public health guidelines do not recommend play if you:
ü Are exhibiting any symptoms of the coronavirus: mild to severe respiratory illness with fever, cough and difficulty breathing, or other symptoms identified by the CDC.
ü Have been in contact with someone with COVID-19 in the last 14 days.
ü Are a vulnerable individual during phase one, two or three of the Massachusetts reopening plan.
PREPARING TO PLAY
- Protect against infections:
ü Wash your hands
ü Clean and wipe down your equipment, including racquets and water bottles.
ü Do not share racquets or other equipment such as wristbands, grips, hats and towels.
ü Bring a full water bottle to avoid touching a tap or water fountain handle.
ü If you need to sneeze or cough, do so into a tissue or upper sleeve.
ü Arrive as close as possible to when you need to be there.
ü Avoid touching surfaces unless absolutely necessary.
- If the courts are full when you arrive, please wait by your care until a court opens.
- Masks should be worn to and from the courts when social distancing is not possible.
- Gloves are recommended when using the court gate handles and when brushing the courts.
- The court restroom and court gate handles/touchpads are sanitized nightly. Please use proper personal hygiene when using the restrooms.
- Avoid touching your face after handling a ball, racquet or other equipment. Wash your hands promptly if you have touched your eyes, nose or mouth.
- Bring your own can of tennis balls and mark your balls accordingly.
- Proceed with play, making sure to pick up your balls only. Should a ball from another player wind up on your side of the court, do not touch the ball with your hands. Use your racquet head or feet to return that ball to the other side of the court.
- Stay on your side of court. Avoid changing ends of the court.
- Remain apart from other players when taking a break.
- Please limit your court use to 2 hours maximum.
- Using gloves, please sweep your courts.
- Leave the court as soon as reasonably possible.
- Make sure to bring all your belongings and trash with you.
- Wash your hands thoroughly or use a hand sanitizer after coming off the court.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The courts were built by the Town of Lincoln for use by Lincoln residents. The Parks and Recreation Committee have instituted certain rules and regulations for users to follow. It is our hope that the spirit as well as the letter of these regulations will be observed so that all may share the courts on a fair basis. The courts are open from May through October, depending upon the weather.
USE OF THE COURTS
1. A current membership is required for all Lincoln residents and employees of the town. Memberships must be renewed every calendar year and are valid from May through October.
2. Please do not play on the courts when they are soft and wet.
3. All users (participants and bystanders) shall leave the tennis courts and seek shelter at the first indication of thunder or lightening and remain off the courts until 30 minutes past the last indication of thunder or lightening.
4. Bicycles and dogs are prohibited from the courts.
5. The courts may be used on a first come, first serve basis except when the Parks & Recreation Department sponsors tournaments, matches, instruction (see monthly calendar), or closes the courts for maintenance.
6. Instruction and tournament play not sponsored by the Parks and Recreation Department is prohibited.
7. Players and spectators are expected to behave in a courteous manner at all times. Arguing, shouting, verbal or physical threats, or any other form of disruptive or intimidating behavior shall not be tolerated. Good sportsmanship is expected at all times. Please do not disrupt play by walking across the court being used, or by making any unnecessary noise.
8. When all courts are in use and others are waiting to play, singles play must be limited to 1 hour and doubles to 1½ hours in total. The court should then be offered to those having waited the longest. If there are people waiting, no court should be tied up by 2 or 3 players rallying while awaiting others to complete their group.
9. Non-residents may play only with their Lincoln hosts, unless they purchase a membership.
10. In general, players are expected to do their part to keep the courts and sideline areas in good condition and free of debris. Please use the trash barrel for any and all garbage.
11. Anyone found to be in violation of these polices will be asked to leave the courts immediately, and may, at the discretion of the Parks and Recreation Committee, have their membership terminated.
CARE OF THE COURTS
1. Two courts are lighted for night play. The switch is located on the tennis shed. Lights are available from dusk to 10pm.
2. Only tennis shoes (soft rubber soles with no heels or treads) are to be worn on the courts.
3. Please sweep the court after use. When brushing, begin at the outside and work toward the center in a spiral motion.
4. The Parks and Recreation Department reserves the right to close the courts for upkeep or at any other times when conditions are unfavorable for play.