2022 State of the Town
The 2022 State of the Town Meeting will be held via Zoom
on Monday November 14 & Tuesday November 15, 2022
Register for Night 1 (Monday, 11/14/2022): https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZcpduiorT0oG9GdnaMY_5AMocyCkOTQG_k5
Register for Night 2 (Tuesday, 11/15/2022): https://us06web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZYrcOGhrj4qEt1tt5MJp07ajcblANsCRV-f
WHO SHOULD ATTEND STATE OF THE TOWN?
Everyone who lives, works, and attends school in Lincoln is welcome!
WHAT IS STATE OF THE TOWN?
SOTT has two main purposes:
1. Give Lincoln’s boards and committees the opportunity to share priorities and projects for the coming year.
2. Give community members the chance to provide feedback, ask questions, and raise new issues for town
government to consider.
THIS YEAR’S TOPIC: "What should Lincoln be like in 2050?”
Lincoln’s boards and committees are focused on work that will have long-term implications for and impacts on our town. There are conversations about housing, education, human services, multi-modal transportation, diversity and equity, land use, and climate change (to name but a few).
WHY SHOULD I PARTICIPATE?
1. Many topics are interrelated and require us to think about our values, envision the future, and weigh (sometimes difficult) tradeoffs. We need your ideas, insights, questions, and dreams to guide our work as we draft the plans, policy proposals,
and budgets that you will vote on at subsequent Town Meetings.
2. You get to see your neighbors, meet new people, and have a direct impact on shaping your community!
IS THERE ANY HOMEWORK?
Suggested, but not required 😊 ! To plan for the future, we try to understand and draw on our past. In 1971, the Lincoln Planning Board wrote its Annual Report to the Town in the form of “a letter to our grandchildren.”
BEFORE STATE OF THE TOWN, WE INVITE YOU TO READ AN EXCERPT FROM THE 1971 LETTER, AND TO SHARE YOUR IDEAS ABOUT:
• ➡ How would you describe Lincoln in 2022? (Housing, transportation, human services, education, diversity & equity, town
governance, land use practices, energy consumption, etc.)
• ➡ What is your vision for 2050? What would you include in a new “letter to our grandchildren?
• ➡ What actions do we need to take to fulfill your vision? What are your top priorities? Please send us a few words, a few
paragraphs, photos, poetry - whatever conveys your ideas!
Go to https://forms.gle/JMVHhK2QocUF8Zom8 Deadline is Tuesday, November 1st.