Green Energy Committee
Who We Are
In 2009, the Green Energy Technology Committee was formed to help the Town qualify for the Commonwealth of Mass. Green Communities designation and thus benefit from state funding to reduce energy consumption in Town buildings.
In 2015, we changed our name to the Green Energy Committee and expanded our purpose to include residential buildings. Today, our goal is to evaluate the feasibility of alternative energy technologies and energy management practices throughout the Town, and to promote residential energy efficiency.
Agendas & Minutes
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
Most Recent Agenda | View All Agendas and Minutes
Green Energy Committee Members
- John Snell, Chair
- Mary Day, Assistant Town Administrator
- Michael Haines, Town Facilities Manager
- Jim Hutchinson
- Sue Klem
- Ed Lang
- Jennifer Morris
- David O’Neil
Brochures & Presentations
- Check Out a Typical Home's Annual Energy Costs
- The Green Technology Committee Presents - CLF Summary of the Green Communities Act
- The Green Technology Committee Presents - Massachusetts 2008 Energy Bill - S.2768
- Public Meeting Presentation - March 8, 2010
- Public Meeting Presentation - March 8, 2010 - PowerPoint Presentation
- Stretch Code Overview Presentation - March 2010 - PowerPoint Presentation
- Town Facilities Energy Performance Standard - Article 40 - 2008
Energy Efficiency Opportunities available to residents
- Borrow an easy-to-use infrared camera from the Town Facilities Manager to measure heat loss.
- Borrow Kill-A-Watt meters from the Library to measure home appliance electrical consumption.
- Visit GreeningLincoln.org for information about sustainable living.
- Schedule a home energy assessment at LincolnEnergyChallenge.ORG
View all Green Energy Committee meeting documents and presentations.